Fabio de Sousa
Open to remote work.
Columbia University, May 2016
BA in Sociology, Magna cum laude
Senior Data Engineer
Nov 2020 – Present
- 1st data hire: internal tools, automations, pipelines, reporting
- Designed, built, and implemented auditing tools and automations to ensure data quality in a critical manual process until it could be replaced.
- Turned an ad hoc audit log into reliable structured data for analysts to more easily report on changes to records.
Aug 2018 – Nov 2020
- Responsible for all internal tools and reporting.
- Resource for over 50 early-stage startups, helping them work through problems from process automation to product & engineering strategy.
- Built several public-facing projects, including tampabaystartupjobs.com, tampabayeats.org, and reports.embarccollective.com. Also wrote the reports.
Jun 2018 – Aug 2018
- Focused on clients that needed to extend or alter the functionality of their off-the-shelf CRMs.
- Notable project: designed & built a chrome extension for a research team at UC Berkeley that needed to hide or modify content on a customer support interface.
- Consistently hit milestones ahead of time and under budget.
Aug 2016 – Jun 2018
- Joined as a 2016 Venture for America Fellow.
- Started as a product associate, pivoted to engineering and led a shift to building software internally.
- Designed and built a patient-facing education and survey platform, leading to higher patient engagement and course completion (also did voiceovers for the videos).
- Built automated tools to help health coaches more efficiently engage with their patients.
- Helped hire a team and hand off my responsibilities as my 2-year fellowship came to a close.